CODE OF ETHICS
The Mission of Wine Country Pride is to enhance the visibility of the LGBTQ+ Community and allies throughout Yamhill County thereby creating safe and accepting spaces for all members of our community.
As participants in Wine Country Pride, we will adhere to actions, words and displays of inclusion that are positive and accepting. We accept responsibility for our individual decisions and actions. We are also advocates for Wine Country Pride by engaging in activities that enhance its credibility and value and by rejecting activities that would be diminishing.
Our Intent is to:
To build respect, credibility and strategic importance for Wine Country Pride within the business community, and the communities in which we live.
To assist Wine Country Pride in achieving its objectives and goals.
To inform and educate current and future practitioners, the organizations we serve, and the general public about principles and practices that help the LGBTQ+community.
To encourage professional decision-making and responsibility.
To encourage social responsibility.
As participants in Wine Country Pride we must strive to meet the highest standards of inclusion and commit to strengthen our community bonds.
To expand the visibility and normalization of the LGBTQ+ community in Yamhill County.
1. Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.
2. Comply with all applicable laws.
3. Work consistently with values of promoting inclusivity.
4. Strive to achieve the highest levels of service, performance and social responsibility.
5. Advocate for the appropriate use and appreciation of human beings as valued members of society.
FAIRNESS + JUSTICE
As Wine Country Pride participants, we are ethically responsible for promoting and fostering fairness and justice for all participants whether they be individuals or organizations.
To create and sustain an environment that encourages all individuals and the Wine Country Pride to reach their fullest potential in a positive and productive manner.
1. Respect the uniqueness and intrinsic worth of every individual.
2. Treat people with dignity, respect and compassion to foster a trusting work environment free of harassment, intimidation, and unlawful discrimination.
3. Ensure that everyone has the opportunity to develop their skills and participate in ways that promote Wine Country Pride.
4. Assure an environment of inclusiveness and a commitment to diversity in the communities we serve.
5. Develop, administer and advocate policies and procedures that foster fair, consistent and equitable treatment for all.
6. Regardless of personal interests, support decisions made by Wine Country Pride that are both ethical and legal.
7. Act in a responsible manner and practice sound management in Yamhill County to promote acceptance within our community.